Saturday, May 31, 2008

Swamp Paddling

See the pictures to the side? Jacob and I paddled in Sparkleberry Swamp. Wowee, what a weird and wonderful world. Gorgeous! When they say black water, they are not kidding. I felt like I was in a Pirates of the Caribbean movie. There was even a shack we happened upon. We went with a paddling group. I would never go alone as I would have gotten lost in the first 10 minutes. It really all looks the same in places - cypress and more cypress. But the water lilies were beautiful. I did get to see an alligator, but it was dead. Probably safer. I hope to do more of this. It ain't a running TN, MO or Ark river, but it was very cool!

2 comments:

Laura Black said...

When I look at these pics, I hear "Dueling Banjos" playing in my mind.

Anonymous said...

Pretty....