Sunday, August 17, 2008

meanwhile back at FMU...

Yesterday the faculty helped the Freshmen move in. It was really kind of fun. And the president cooked us hot dogs (sigh). Sort of took me back to my first year when my parents brought me to Cottey. In the afternoon, I walked by this dorm room and this boy had all his stuff unpacked, his bed made and was sitting in his room by himself. I just wanted to hug him. Almost made me cry. That first week is a bitch.

And then they all turn into little bastards....

I'm teaching 3, three, III classes this semester and one of them only has 3, three, III people in it!!!! Of course, I also have an article, a book review and a book to finish this semester. Still it is less stress than "hell."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"And then they all turn into little bastards"

Some of us were born bastards.

Signed,
The Bastard