Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pilgrimadge West ... Chapter 4 - spiritual quest

When I was a very little girl, we used to go visit my Granny (great grandmother) in Tahlequah, OK every summer. Boy, I've got some stories about her... Anyway, all I ever saw of Tahlequah was the reservation and the poverty. I just returned yesterday from a gorgeous part of Tahlequah called Sparrowhawk Mountain sort of overlooking the Illinois River. I went to visit my friend, Roberta. She grew up on a tent show and we met at the Toby conference in Iowa that I go to every year and really connected. She's REALLY into "woowoo." I am not even close to her league, but she's the real deal. And interestingly as far as woowoo goes, she's a lawyer. She lives on that mountain near an esotaric seminary called Sancta Sophia (they have a website). It was intriguing and I was very drawn to that teaching, most especially to her teaching. I learned how to dowse, devine, whatever you want to call it--very strange and wonderful at the same time, as well as got some new woowoo cards to work with. My friend, Pam came to visit and we swam topless in the Roberta's pool...weeeeee!!!!!! I'll probably head to Arkansas next week at some point to see Pam and her folks. Roberta and I ate, drank, shot the shit, and really worked on my intuitive side. I think I may have come back a different, but clearer person. We'll see how long it lasts. One of my challenges is discipline. I get all motivated to meditate every day, etc., but it wears off.
On the way back to Forsyth, I went to visit my Grandpa, who is home now. He is doing very well and back almost to his smart alecky self (wonder where I get it???)

No comments: